Strawberries are a perfect treat on their own, but with chocolate, they become more delectable and indulging. Chocolate-dipped strawberries are super delicious, and they’re easy to make. You can even make them in less than an hour and can be an instant Valentine’s Day surprise! But be warned, while these sweet treats can satisfy your sweet-tooth cravings, they really can be addicting. Are you up for some sweet treats? Check out this easy to make and classy chocolate dipped strawberries recipe.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Chocolate Chips – Good quality chocolate or melting chocolate chips are better than a cheap bag of choco chips. Cheaper chocolate will not taste as good or will melt easily. High quality chocolate will taste less processed, melt easily, and will give the strawberries a beautiful coat when you dip. You can choose to have 2 cups of high-quality chopped bittersweet, semi-sweet, dark, or white chocolate or chips for dipping.
- Strawberries – Prepare 1 pint of large, ripe, and long stemmed strawberries (around 25 strawberries).
- Coconut Oil – Two tablespoons coconut oil.
- Chopped Nuts – One cup chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts (optional).
What to do?
- Rinse your strawberries first and pat them dry with paper towels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl and melt them in 30-second intervals. Stir thoroughly in between until all the chocolate completely melted. Our friends from Bella Cupcake Couture have a list of the best light weight mixing bowls you want to check out!
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and place them on the baking sheet you prepared.
- If you want to dip the strawberries in your chopped nuts, roll your chocolate-dipped strawberries gently in your chopped nuts to coat them before putting them on the parchment.
- Place them inside the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate is set.
Using a Double Boiler
You can melt your chocolate through a double boiler. It may sound fancy, but this process is super simple. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a saucepan and a heat-safe glass bowl. Here’s how:
- Prepare a saucepan, fill it with 1/4 full water, and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Set the heat in low, and place a heat-proof glass bowl on top of it. Be sure that it covers the saucepan and there’s space between the water and the bottom of the bowl.
- Add your chopped chocolates or chocolate chips and constantly stir until everything is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl and add more chocolate chips to temper your melted chocolate. Keep on stirring until the added chocolates are melted.
- Put your chocolate dipped strawberries in the fridge until they are fully set. But, take them out and bring them closer to room temperature before serving. No one likes to take a bite into an ice cold chocolate dipped strawberry.
- Use coconut oil in your melted chocolate so that the chocolate will harden faster and become a little thicker. It makes the chocolate looks like a choco shell. It may not be that essential and won’t add flavor at all, but it will make your chocolate dipped strawberries look smooth and shiny.
- You can arrange these beautiful treats around your cake, or you can place them on top for a more classy look.
- You can also drizzle chocolate with different colors on your strawberries, or sprinkle them with finely crushed peppermint candy or pistachios for added crunch.
These sweet, delectable chocolate dipped strawberries are very tempting and have a luxurious feel. It’s a perfect gift for any occasion, especially during Valentine’s day! These treats look and taste delicious and are very easy to make, not to mention fun and exciting!
If want to leave it to the experts and just enjoy your Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, take a look at all of our Chocolate Treats. You’ll find Chocolate Strawberry Towers, Bouquets and Gift Boxes!